- "You have to turn schools into geeks"?
- Of course!By definition, geeks are those who love what they do intensely and boys and girls have to enjoy learning, going to school should not be something boring or expensive.
- Approve is not learning and you only learn with passion?
–Of course, that is: approving is a consequence of learning and not all who approve learn or vice versa, many times the mechanics in which classes are presented lead us to that, but the purpose must be to approach knowledge and curiosity.
- What does neurodidactics propose to achieve it?
- Something very beautiful: it tells us that, instead of working only for ‘boxes’, we will have bridges and understand education holistically.We can talk about the role of emotional intelligence as such: how we get to know and self -regulate;But then neurodidactics teaches us that emotions are the great learning catwalks.
- If I tell you curiosity and surprise, what does it tell me?
- These are the most powerful emotions, the great learning engines.They not only activate the desire to learn and help to fix what has been learned, but also activate superior capabilities such as critical thinking, cooperation, creativity...Everyone remembers that teacher who made him vibrate in classes.In the end, the brain is made to feel pleasure and that the classes are pleasant makes it work better and that the student is more motivated.
Social Networks by Chema Lázaro:
- Is the motivation to learn enough?
- No, not clearly.This is a very widespread myth among the community of teachers and does not have to be true than: the greater the greater motivation, greater performance;I also need tools and skills.In addition, what motivates one person and another can be different and that is why it is interesting to generate different spaces in class.
- There is talk of the importance of emotions and at the same time walks towards greater digitalization, is it possible to build emotional links in digital environments?
- Well, notice that I was convinced that it was impossible until I had to teach in a 100% online university.From experience I can say that bond is built, but it is true that the human being is a social being and I do not believe that that part of touching and interacting should be lost.That is why I think the future will be increasingly hybrid.
- In a recent interview he commented that his contact with students with dyslexia, Asperger and ADHD changed his life as a teacher...
Tks 4 The Tip!@Makeuseof: How to Easily Install Microsoft Office 2007 on Linux http: // muo.FM/Cyjae— HandyTechTipper Thu Nov 18 17:59:59 +0000 2010
- They marked me because they taught me that what we were doing in class did not use for everyone, that I had to bet on varied strategies to reach each of my students.My way of teaching changed, but also my sensitivity.
- Is diversity in classrooms being properly attended to?
- More and more could you do better?Without a doubt, with inclusive support in the classroom;several activities of activities;greater access to technologies;Minor Student Ratios...
- There is a lot of talk about environments, is knowledge only if holistic?
- Learning has understood as a slightly inflexible concept, as if the world never changed, but the reality is that the world changes and that strategies have to adapt.The teachers must handle the units as dynamic and non -flat elements, with changing content from one course to another, which adapt to the nearby challenges of the students.And not only the contents: why are the boys grouped by age and not by level of knowledge? Why cannot subjects be combined? Why are the sessions to be 50 minutes?...These are questions that are in the arena.
- Should we know how to be wrong to learn?
- Statistically, to do something right, you have to do it many times before.To mistake is the principle of learning and it is important to conve.Fear releases cortisol and literally makes memory work.I decided to put an appointment on the board every day that promised my students to error, to understand it as a natural process and to analyze it to continue improving and growing.Loading...
- "You never ask a child to pay attention to you"?
- Attention is like a giant water flow, and the teacher has to regulate that flow: manage it, handle it.There are several attention networks: on the one hand, you are capturing attention: get this student to hook you with a question, a reading ...;On the other, it is also important.that allows you to work it.This is not new, there have always been teachers who use the narrative in a brilliant way, with details and anecdotes.
- Does philosophy represent a source of inspiration for you as an educator?
- Clear!There is an initial question that is: ‘Why do we educate?’ And that changes everything.In my way of understanding it, I educate my students so that they can be the best version of themselves and generate social impact;to make them free from the culture of learning;And therefore I am interested in questioning things and asking questions.All this has a philosophical look and I think there is a communicative bridge between those who do philosophy and pedagogy.
- A book for these days?
- I would recommend one that I have given many times, very special, it reads very fast: ‘Our house in the tree’, by Lea Vélez.It is a song to freedom, very particular because it is also written from the point of view of one of the author's children, at the time she promises that she will build a house in a tree, then her husbandHe dies and stays alone with three children ... From there, a series of learning arrive from the children's view.
- A myth to tear down?
- One of the most damage is the concept of intelligence as an immovable construct determined by genetic factors, this predisposes how boys and girls are seen to the point that we talk about ready and silly boys.
Actually, intelligence is a dynamic construct that consists of genetic and environmental factors and, if we teach from there, we will see that teachers have a very large responsibility in the construction of these brains: that it is not able to do it now does not mean thatDo not achieve it because the brain is plastic and will evolve and will do it based on the experiences I offer it.